These gluten-free banana waffles are naturally sweetened and super easy to make. They will make you want to look forward to breakfast!
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read our Affiliate Disclosure here.
If you have overripe bananas but feel like you are so done making smoothies or bread with them, then give this recipe a try!
These gluten-free banana waffles only call for a few ingredients and don’t require any special skill to make them.
For this recipe, you’ll only need:
- overripe bananas (this is a good article on how to choose the best ones)
- eggs (if you don’t have fresh eggs, liquid eggs will do)
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- baking powder
- almond flour
- vanilla extract
How to make gluten-free banana waffles
1. Pre-heat your waffle maker and mash. While waiting for your waffle maker to heat up, mash the bananas. It doesn’t have to be completely smooshed. I personally like having chunks of banana in my waffles.
2. Add the remaining ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients to the mashed bananas.
3. Cook the batter. Once your waffle maker is ready, cook the batter. For a personal waffle maker like this, I only spoon about 3-4 teaspoons of batter.
4. Serve with your favorite toppings. I’d like to keep it simple with a small amount of butter and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
Gluten Free Banana Waffles
- waffle maker
- Pre-heat your waffle maker. While waiting, mash the bananas.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Mix well, making sure that everything’s well-incorporated.
- Cook the batter.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
What’s your favorite banana recipe? Let me know in the comment section below!