This post contains affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission when you purchase through my links, at no added cost to you!
Filling, healthy, and best of all, super easy-to-make, this Broccoli Cheddar Quiche with Bacon and Sweet Potato Crust will be your go-to lunch/dinner recipe for a busy day.
My husband introduced me to wonderful recipes involving eggs. Before meeting him, I only know three ways to cook eggs – hard-boiled, easy (or sunny side up), and omelet.
The first time he made a quiche for me, I remembered being so amazed with it. I mean, how can eggs be so tasty?!
Since then, I became more experimental with these kitchen staples.
Making this Broccoli Cheddar Quiche with Bacon and Sweet Potato Crust
This Broccoli Cheddar Quiche is so tasty! It has the right blend of creaminess, salt, and crunch.
What I love most about it is that it only calls for simple ingredients and it’s so easy to make! This has become my go-to recipe when I’m tight on time but still want to make something filling and nutritious.
This quiche recipe only calls for simple ingredients (you may already have in your pantry right now):
- Sweet potato
We use a medium-sized sweet potato, cut into discs and carefully laid at the bottom of the pie dish to serve as the ‘crust.’
We’re being cautious about what we eat and try to cut back on anything with soy. In this recipe, I use cage-free eggs (the company claims the chickens have a soy-free diet).
To add more bulk and fiber for this recipe, I added medium head broccoli, chopped into small bits.
- White onion
The chopped white onion added more flavor to this dish. You can use either white or sweet onion.
I use Cabot’s lactose-free sharp cheddar cheese as we’re cutting back on anything containing lactose. If you can tolerate lactose, feel free to use regular cheddar cheese.
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and smoked paprika
I try to keep this simple and only seasoned it lightly with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and smoked paprika.
Broccoli Cheddar Quiche with Bacon
- mixing bowls and spoons
- chopping board and knife
- 9-inch pie dish
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato cut into discs
- 9 eggs
- 1 medium head broccoli chopped finely
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped
- 3 oz cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika powder
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat your oven at 385 degrees F.
- Grease your 9-inch pie dish with olive oil.
- Arrange your sweet potato discs on the bottom and sides of the dish.
- In one bowl, mix all the remaining ingredients - eggs, broccoli, white onion, cheese, seasoning (Italian seasoning, smoked paprika powder, salt, and pepper). Mix well until everything is well incorporated.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pie dish with sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the egg is thoroughly cooked.
Nutrition FactsRead our nutrition disclaimer here. 186 calories/serving Total Fat 10.9 g | Sat. Fat 4.9 g | Cholesterol 262 mg | Sodium 270 mg | Carb. 9.1 g | Fiber 1.4 g | Sugar 1.9 g | Protein 13.5 g
Let me know if you’ve tried this!
Our Fun Fit Fam is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.