This post contains affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission when you purchase through my links, at no added cost to you!
These Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies are made without refined sugar, refined starches, and eggs. They are a great treat for satisfying your cookie cravings!
If you’ve been looking for a recipe to satisfy your cravings for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, then this post is right for you!
These healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are made using simple, wholesome ingredients. They can satisfy your sweet tooth cravings without the guilt.
What You Need to Make These Sugar-Free Oatmeal Cookies
To make these healthy oatmeal cookies, you’ll need:
If you’re trying to go egg-free in baking, flax ‘eggs’ can be a good substitute. It’s basically just flax meal and water or milk.
I use unsweetened organic soy milk for these cookies, but you may use other non-dairy milk you have on-hand.
Gluten-Free Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
There’s a difference in texture between quick-cooking oats and old-fashioned rolled oats. For this recipe, you will need the old-fashioned variety. I love using Nature Path’s Gluten-Free variety.
Like any other baked goods, baking powder is used for this recipe to add volume and lighten the texture of the cookies.
A small amount of salt will be needed to bring out the flavor of the ingredients.
How to Make These Oatmeal Cookies
Step 1. Make the flax ‘egg.’
To make the flax ‘egg,’ simply mix the flax meal and the non-dairy milk together. Let it set for at least 5 minutes.
Step 2. Cream the butter and sweetener together.
Using a handheld mixer, cream the softened butter and sweetener together until you achieve a homogenous mixture.
Step 3. Add the flax egg to the butter-sweetener mixture. Mix well.
Step 4. Add the dry ingredients except for the chocolate chips/chunks to the wet ingredients.
Step 5. Fold in the chocolate chips/chunks.
Step 6. Scoop the batter into the prepared baking pan.
Bake at 325F for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
Step 7. Let it cool completely before serving or storing.
Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 2 tbsp soy milk or any non-dairy milk unsweetened
- 6 tbsp butter unsalted
- 6 tbsp erythritol or any sugar substitute
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 6 tbsp gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips or chunks sugar-free
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Make the flax 'egg' by mixing the flax meal and the unsweetened soy milk together. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar-free sweetener.
- Add the flax mixture to the butter mixture. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, except for the chocolate chunks. Mix until all the ingredients are well-incorporated.
- Mix in the chocolate chunks/chips.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of the batter into a parchment-paper/greased pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let it cool completely before eating/serving.
Nutrition InformationPlease read our Nutrition disclaimer here. This recipe yields 8 large cookies. 204/large cookie
Our Fun Fit Fam is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.