This Healthy Peanut Butter Granola has just the right amount of sweetness and crunch, making it a great add-on for your morning breakfast!
I LOVE granola but store-bought ones are usually high in sugar (sugar is often the second item in the ingredients list)! So, I decided to make my own.
This granola recipe is very simple. I opted not to add big chunks of nuts and seeds as I’m sharing this with our toddler. But feel free to customize it to suit your taste and crunch preference!
Making this Peanut Butter Granola
The thing I enjoy most about this peanut butter granola is the simplicity in the ingredients. There’s no need to head to a specialty store as the ingredients are available in most grocery stores.
To make this healthy peanut butter granola, you will need:
- Old-fashioned rolled oats
- Natural peanut butter (just peanuts and salt as its ingredients)
- Honey or maple syrup
- Flax meal
- Chia seeds
How to Make This Healthy Peanut Butter Granola
Step 1. Warm the honey and peanut butter.
In a small pot, combine the honey and peanut butter. Over low heat warm the mixture until you end up with a homogenous mixture.
Turn off the heat and set aside.
Step 2. Mix the dry ingredients.
In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients – oats, flax meal, chia seeds, and salt. Mix well.
Step 3. Add the honey-peanut butter mixture to the dry ingredients.
Combine the wet and dry mixture together, making sure that the oats are covered with the honey-peanut butter mixture.
Step 4. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Transfer the mixture to a lined baking pan and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway.
Step 5. Let it cool and enjoy!
Let the granola cool completely before serving or storing in an airtight container.
Storing Your Homemade Peanut Butter Granola
Store your homemade peanut butter granola in an airtight container. It can last for up to 2 weeks at room temperature.
Best Ways to Eat This Granola
This granola is so tasty that you can eat it as it is! However, I discovered that this granola blends really well on a bowl of plain Greek yogurt, served with mixed fruits (I love having them with berries!).
Another way of enjoying this granola is with a rice cake. Serve it on top of a rice cake, with a slab of crunchy peanut butter and bits of a crunchy fruit like apple and you now have a filling snack! Yum!
Let me know if you’ve tried this! And if you did, please don’t forget to leave a review 🙂
Healthy Peanut Butter Granola
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tbsp flaxmeal
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven at 350F.
- In a small pot and over low heat, combine and warm the honey and peanut butter. Stir well until you end up with a homogenous mixture. Turn off the heat and set this aside.
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients – oats, flax meal, chia seeds, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the honey-peanut butter mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix well, making sure that the oats are covered with the peanut butter mixture.
- Transfer to a baking pan and sprinkle a little bit more salt (this is highly recommended if you enjoy the sweet and salty flavor combination). Bake for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Let it cool completely before eating or storing in an airtight container.
Nutrition InformationPlease read our nutrition disclaimer here. Serving size: 1/4 cup 116 calories/serving Total Fat 4.6 g | Sat. Fat 0.2 g | Cholest. 0.3 mg | Sodium 0.7 mg | Carb. 16.1 g | Fiber 2.5 g | Sugar 5.8 g | Protein 3.6 g
Our Fun Fit Fam is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.